A thinner, crispier waffle which is easy to prepare and cook.
Swedish waffles are thinner & crispier than their Belgium cousins. I love Belgium waffles but occasionally I have the urge for a thinner, crispier waffle.
- 4.5 dl plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 dl milk
- 1 dl whipped cream
- 100g melted butter (not fresh from the stove, slightly cooled)
- 1 dl carbonated water
- Start to heat your waffle iron.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the milk and mix together with a spatula or a spoon. The mixture shouldn’t be smooth and it is okay to be a little lumpy.
- Add the whipped cream and mix until it is blended, again, not smooth.
- Add the melted butter and mix.
- Add the carbonated water and mix.
- Add a knob of butter to the waffle iron to grease it.
- Add enough mixture to fill the plate, be careful not to overfill it because the mixture will expand a little.
- Cook for roughly 4 minutes or until the outside has a nice golden exterior.
- Garnish with whipped cream, Nutella, jam or berries of your choice.