Home Made Pizza Sauce
A good tomato sauce can make or break the homemade pizza. While it is easy to think you can’t screw up a basic tomato sauce anyone who has eaten a homemade pizza knows this simply isn’t true!
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove (wedge)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (15 ml)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
- olive oil
- Peel and chop the onion. Fry the onion in a little olive oil until the onion is darker without it becoming brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and cook together.
- Finish off with salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of sugar. Mix and cook until you have a smooth sauce.
- If you would like to add extra flavour to the sauce you can add basil, oregano or chilli.